v10.5.0 of Dada Mail comes with a new file browser/uploader, called Rich Filemanager! This tool allows you to select files from your desktop computer, upload them to the server that Dada Mail is running on, and select the file to add as an inline image or as a file attachment for your mass mailing. Once the file has been uploaded, you may use it again for another mass mailing.
10.5.0 Beta 1 is out! Give it a try, and give back and feedback you may have:
Download and Install (Pro Dada version is available, too)
Rich Filemanager Support
Dada Mail has come shipped with multiple file managers: KCFinder, and Core5 Filemanger. We’re adding a new filemanager called, Rich Filemanager (https://github.com/servocoder/RichFilemanager) which will be set as the default.
Rich Filemanager is an update of Core 5 Filemanager, which has shown a slowdown of development and is listed as, “deprecated” by its developer.
Rich Filemanager comes with some pretty great features and enhancments over Core 5 Filemanager:
- Drag-and-drop support
- Clipboard feature: copy, cut, paste, clear
- Multiple & chunked uploads support – based on jQuery-File-Upload
- New design of multiple upload window; New upload controls for each previewed file (start, abort, resume, delete, etc.)
- Online text / code editor – based on codeMirror
- Online PDF & OpenOffice documents viewer – based on viewerJS
- Online MS Office documents viewer – based on Google Docs Viewer
- Extended list of previewed file types via ViewerJS
We are not yet removing support either of the two current file managers, so if you’re happy with them, keep using them!